The last quarter of 2017 saw ECMVC helping to raise a wonderful amount for local and national charities, including:
- – almost £1,500 for the Progressive Supranuclear Palsy Association
- – over £1,000 for the Amber Valley Rotary Polio Eradication Campaign
- – £2,200 for the Rainbows Children’s Hospice
- – £408 in the bucket collection during the 75 minute performance of Sonara Singers and ECMVC at the Derby Intu Centre
…totalling over £5,000 in the run up to Christmas!
It was a wonderful end to a great year for the choir and we’re gearing up for a very exciting 2018 season. Already confirmed are:
- – choir trip to Essex in early May as guests of Braintree Male Voice Choir, including two performances
- – singing for the guests at a Masked Ball being held in aid of the Derby Baby Unit
- – the National Association of Choirs Annual Concert, in which we are one of four contributing choirs (the others being Rock ‘n’ Soul Singers, Gresley Male Voice Choir and Rolls-Royce Ladies) and Derwent Brass to be held at Nottingham’s Albert Hall in June
- – a return visit to Little Eaton WI in August
- – a WW1 commemorative concert for Brinsley Parish Council in October
- – two Christmas concerts already booked
There are a number of other exciting engagements in the pipeline, so if you know of anyone who would like to book the choir in 2018 (and 2019 dates are already filling), a trip to our Book Us page will provide the initial information!
All the details as confirmed so far can be found on the choirs events calendar pages.
Look out for some important announcements coming soon about the choir centenary celebrations, which are currently being planned.
It’s a fantastic time to be a member or friend of ECMVC. If you know of anyone who you think would benefit from joining us, do persuade them to give us a try. All the necessary info can be found on the choir’s Join Us page.
To get in touch with the choir, please have a look at the choir website – www.ecmvc.org – check our Facebook page (search for ECMVC), or email email@example.com.