Who we are and what we do
Eastwood Collieries’ Male Voice Choir (ECMVC) is a registered charity (charity number 241489) governed by its membership and managed by elected trustees and officers, according to its approved rules and constitution. ECMVC operates a website (www.ecmvc.org), Facebook page and Twitter account.
Personal Data and the rights of the individual
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides individuals with significant rights to the way their personal data is collected, processed and shared by organisations. ECMVC fully supports these rights and any personal data collected by the choir will only be used to enable the efficient management of the choir, including its communications with supporters and others who have expressed an interest in receiving news of the choir’s activities.
The GDPR provides the following rights to individuals:
1. The right to be informed what data is collected from them
2. The right of access to that data
3. The right to have the data amended if it is inaccurate
4. The right to have the data removed from systems
5. The right to restrict how the data is used
6. The right to data portability
7. The right to object to the data being collected and processed
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
ECMVC is the ‘data processor’ and decides how personal data is collected and used.
ECMVC will never share anyone’s personal data with other organisations without the express consent of the individual.
ECMVC does not collect personal data from any source other than its own interactions with individuals.
What data we collect and process
ECMVC collects and processes data relating to individuals in the following ways:
1. Membership of the choir is governed by its rules and constitution. A member’s personal data, including contact details, are held to allow efficient management of the choir by its officers and trustees. Positive consent (the lawful basis for processing this data) is required from each member before any of this data is used for its identified purposes.
2. The choir distributes an occasional email newsletter (known as the ECMVC Keep In Touch service) from its website to those who have expressed an interest in receiving it. The personal data, which consists of a greeting name and email address is stored within the administration area of the choir website and is collected via a hard copy form or online request form on the ECMVC website. Other related data collected by this system are logs of when newsletters are sent and delivery notifications. All email newsletters sent to these individuals include an ‘unsubscribe’ link which, if used, will cease the newsletter distribution to that individual and remove their data from the website. The lawful basis for using this personal data is legitimate interest – its use is regarded as being what would be reasonably expected of the choir to operate a useful news service to individuals.
The choir website – www.ecmvc.org
Most websites make use of ‘cookies’ which are small text files that are downloaded onto devices such as a computer, smartphone or tablet, when the website is accessed. They allow the website to recognise that user’s device and store some information about the user’s preferences or past actions and can be used to check the usage of individual pages to enable the website administrator to make appropriate amendments to the content.
ECMVC’s website will occasionally make use of tracking software, such as Google Analytics, which allows the administrator to assess how often individual pages are accessed.
The choir’s website also links to resources held on YouTube and cookies are used to ensure this service is delivered to the user in the most efficient way. This data is anonymised.
To find out more about cookies, including how to control and delete them, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
All communications regarding this Privacy Notice should, in the first instance, be sent to the ECMVC Secretary at email@example.com.
This Privacy Notice will be regularly reviewed and, should amendments be required, website visitors will be notified and be required to read and accept the revised notice before the full functionality of the website is available.
You can open a copy of the ECMVC Privacy Notice to print or save.